Adept Legal Counsel For Purchasers And Sellers Of Real Estate
Effectively purchasing or selling residential or commercial real estate does not happen by chance. Buy-sell transactions involve numerous details that require careful financial, legal and logistical attention. For best results, include an attorney in your team of professionals who will help you complete each task to your best advantage. A skilled real estate lawyer can help you avoid common mistakes and protect your interests in many ways.
At Alphen & Santos, we make sure that our clients understand their purchase and sale agreements. We then walk them through each critical step with proper diligence.
How We Can Help Ensure Your Success In A Property Transaction
We are here to protect you through each step in a real estate transaction by reviewing or preparing the offer to purchase and the purchase and sale agreement and by:
- Negotiating the terms of the agreements
- Advising you on who should hold the deposit
- Consulting on reasonable terms of the buyer’s mortgage commitment
- Finding and correcting title defects
- Drafting a new deed
- Estimating closing costs
- Making special arrangements regarding escrows
- Protecting either party in the event of a breach of the purchase and sale agreement or failure to perform
- Providing guidance on land use and zoning laws
We will review and help you manage all matters in your transaction that may affect the title, including:
- Outstanding mortgage(s) of record; difficulty getting mortgage discharges
- Mechanics liens; attachments and judgments
- Divorces; debts of decedents; bankruptcies and foreclosures
- Restrictions on use; rights of others to use the premises
- State laws and regulations
These lists are not exclusive. We customize our services to meet the unique needs of each client and transaction.
Start Early To Complete All Steps Expeditiously
Once you have a plan in motion to buy, sell or lease a property, get reliable legal counsel. Our attorneys each have more than 30 years of experience. They have earned the respect of many past clients, lenders, brokers and others who are familiar with their work.
We are eager to hear about your planned transaction and help you get inspections, loan arrangements and title reviews completed without delay. To reach our Westford, Massachusetts, real estate law offices, call 978-692-3107 or send a brief email inquiry.